Living in Westchester County we're not short on golf courses but a lot of them are private. I was feeling somewhat of a disconnect to the public golf courses in the area and not really sure where to find an accurate list. So I did what any sane person would do, I built an app for Hudson Valley golf courses... and a little beyond.
The app is my first attempt to help golfers in our area locate new golf courses and make it easier to contact or travel to courses in the area. Why didn't I promote it? I wasn't sure if I was going to keep the app live but recently there has been a spike in downloads so it inspired me to keep it going and continuously improve it.
HV Golf Guide App Features
Since it's my first attempt at a golf app I kept our services fairly simple:
- Golf Courses: This is the reason I built it. Over 100 golf courses in the Hudson Valley, Westchester, New York City, Connecticut, Long Island, and New Jersey. You can view them in a list or on a map and each offers information on the course along with 1-touch calling and directions.
- Other Golf Stuff: I've added some driving ranges and golf shops along the way. I'll add more as I discover them.
- Coupons: A big thank you to New York Golf Center and the guys at Photo Ball Marker for providing a couple of in app coupons. Download the app and have access to their coupons!
- Events: As we learn about events, we will update this section. If you have an event coming up in the area, send us an e-mail so we can add it!
- Social Media Integration: Stay connected through Facebook, Twitter and our blog!
- Other Stuff: I want to add bars, restaurants and lodging for golfers so if you have any recommendations feel free to contact me!
The app is available on the iPhone, iPad and Droid devices. If you're an Apple user, it's free and for those of you on the droid OS, it's going to cost a whopping $.99 cents until I get around to making it free.
I will be developing apps for other golf regions so if you think you need one in your area, let me know. Even better if you want to manage the app for your region since you know it best... just contact me!